18th Street CTA station?

s0nginmyheart s0nginmyheart

18th Street CTA station?

This post was updated on .
I remember briefly reading something about a possible 18th Street CTA station a few months ago but can't seem to find that post. What was the deal on that? While I don't mind walking over to Roosevelt, the lazy in me would love to have a stop here.

After some quick digging, apparently the stop used to exist in the late 1800s to mid 1900s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/18th_(CTA_South_Side_Elevated_station)
solman solman

Re: 18th Street CTA station?

Sorry, but no station in 18th anytime soon.  Cermak station will be done late next year.

http://www.chicagojournal.com/news/05-30-2012/Morgan_%27L%27_designer_will_take_on_Cermak
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: 18th Street CTA station?

A station at 18th is problematic because of the junction just north of there.  So it's very unlikely that there will ever be a station there.