4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

wondering wondering

4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

I woke up this morning with flickering really bright lights that lit up my apt. Im on Wabash and my windows face west. Then it happened again 10 minutes later. I get up and look and see a completely dark train moving slowly with bright lights from sparks that were falling down under the tracks coming from multiple spots on the tracks. The train would move south slowly and then come back north in reverse and just sit there before the Roosevelt stop. Did anybody else see this? Around 5-5:30 I saw the green line train traveling south with the lights on, and not problems. Also, around 5:30 I heard a big boom. I know other feeds have talked about the booms in the past.
Slooper Mike Slooper Mike

Re: 4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

Does this have anything to do with all the fire/police sirens that woke me up around 6:00 AM today? I got an alert from the city that Wabash was closed from 11th to Roosevelt, but can't find any info.
wondering wondering

Re: 4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

Yes, I heard the sirens too just around  that time. I didn't know they shut down Wabash. And I also looked to see anything in the news and found nothing.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: 4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

Use Twitter (or don't)?

Here is a good source for news...

https://twitter.com/Gr8SouthLoop

There are a few posts on this topic about some sort of electrical fire this morning.
polly polly

Re: 4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

I also live on s wabash and heard a super loud/floorshaking boom around that time (followed by police sirens)
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: 4am lights and sparks on southbound L tracks

Probably the rail grinder work train.