AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

Josh Josh

AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

Does anyone know the status of the AT&T uverse roll-out in the south loop?  I've been hoping to get an alternate to Comcast in my building at 1464 s michigan for some time, but when I call AT&T, I can't get any info.  Do any other buildings in the area have uverse for television?
angie angie

Re: AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

We've had Uverse for years...1841 S. Calumet.
dew dew

Re: AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

ATT&T Uverse roll-out to our building (1440 S. Michigan) was at the beginning of 2012.  After 6 months I had to cancel service b/c line integrity was horrible (dropped packets all of the time).  I found out by one of the area techs that distance from 1440 S. Michigan to the main fiber channel was at the maximum distance and that consistent speed and line integrity could not be promised.  Hopefully that will change in the future.

For now I am forced to use MDU communications (not bad, but not great either) @ 10down/10up.
T T

Re: AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

I just went through the bidding process for a building in the Sloop and we had AT&T in bidding on our contract.  From my understanding they mainly offer service to buildings that go bulk U-Verse.  From my understanding they are not just rolling it out across the area.
Jeff Jeff

Re: AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

Using U-Verse at 18th street and the signal has been solid for the past couple months since installation.  Using a cheaper 12Mbps/800kbps up/down package with low latency and zero downtime thus far.  Initial setup took a full day as I believe we were the first in the building to have U-verse based on the issues they had getting a solid signal from the street into the premises.
J J

Re: AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

and they are horrible!!!! my two years old can't watch youtube without any lags
Jeff Jeff

Re: AT&T Uverse roll-out in the south loop

With the modest 12up/1down package ($29/month introduction price) I can stream 720p video in Youtube most times without buffering lag, and 480p and lower always work without delay.  I would contact AT&T to find out if you are experience signal strength or interface issues, or check your on-premises equipment.  Even the low speed packages should be plenty of bandwidth to buffer and stream video content from the Internet.