Anyone live in 1530 s State?

Ovenall Ovenall

Anyone live in 1530 s State?

Likely buying a place there. Any inside info on the building or immediate neighborhood? Thanks c
nokiny nokiny

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

troubles with late night parties over there. Check for older posts about loud boom boom.
nokiny nokiny

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

My bad noise is on the other side of the street. Tracks are running very close there
Geoff Geoff

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

My wife and I lived in two different units in Dearborn Tower.  It's a great building with a very low rental percentage, which should make potential buyers happy.  It's a mostly buttoned-up older crowd, which was fine with us, because the building had no issues with noise or parties or anything like that in the two years we lived there.

If you can find one you like, and can afford it, get a unit on the north side.  The views speak for themselves, but also the freight train that runs along the south side can get pretty bad.  Loud screeching brakes at 4am get old pretty fast.

Since we didn't own there, I can't say much about the taxes and HOA dues, but the time probably won't get any better to buy at 1530 S. State.

Lastly, I'm not sure if the door staff has changed much, but the guys that were there when we lived there were the best.  Especially Sam and Reuben.
SeattleE SeattleE

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

I live here and love it.  As the previous poster noted,  it is an older crowd, but by no means a bunch of senior citizens.  I live on the south side of the building and am not bothered at all by the tracks but with that said, I am pretty high up.  I love a north side view but on the south, I get the Sox Park fireworks and a nice lake view too.  If I want a north view there is always the party room/workout room patio area.  View wise, it's the best of both worlds for me.  Other pros of the south view - cheaper and we don't hear the loud parties across the street (the parties are from a building that is a slight diagonal NE from our building).  HOA is a bit on the high end by when you sit down and go through all you get, it's seems reasonable.  I only pay a cable receiver box fee and Com Ed bill every month...that's about $25 out of pocket for me in addition to HOA.  Good luck with your decision!
Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

Thanks for the replies all. We're gonna be near the very top looking south. Awesome balcony, nice view, not as nice as north, but I prefer to have sunshine in the winter. And it's around 100,000 more for the same 2br/2ba on the north at that height. No joke, we asked around.

I know about the Mariano's in a year. But anything else to know about the neighborhood? News, gossip, etc? We've lived in Printer's Row for 13 years so we have a decent idea of the area, but wonder if you all have any other insights. Seems to be about twelve daycare centers and 350 or so salons. Thanks again.
Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

Hey, some questions:

How is the internet and cable TV service there? They told us it's Access Media 3 and USA Wireless. Never heard of either, but found really bad reviews online. Any opinions here?

Thanks.
Frank Frank

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

We have USA wireless at our loft.  Never had any major issues or significant downtime
MS MS

Re: Anyone live in 1530 s State?

We have lived there for a year and I lived there in a rental before.  Like the building a lot, area is fine - lots of things to walk to.  Internet and cable is almost never an issue unless there is bad weather. Otherwise it's fine.