Auto body shop

loub123 loub123

Auto body shop

Can anybody reccommend a good, honest and not too overly priced auto body shop in the area. Thanks!
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Auto body shop

Check these guys.  They are in the West Loop, but are highly recommended:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/guy-and-sons-auto-rebuilders-chicago

Better yet, go in and talk to them and request an estimate.  They are very friendly, honest, and seem reasonably priced.
T_Bone T_Bone

Re: Auto body shop

I have been to Guy and Sons several times and also have recommended them to friends and family in the past as I prefer to support a small family business rather than one of the larger body shops.  They always did an excellent job with small jobs like bumper touch-ups, door-dings, and the like.  That being said, the last time I was in there was for an insurance claim when someone hit my car while driving with "no brakes" the wrong way on a one-way access road.  I had to return two times after they told me the car was done due to unacceptable and flawed workmanship (chips in a newly painted quarter panel, poor panel fit, and re-use of a damaged part to name a few of the issues).  Even after I took the car home I had to take a third trip to the dealership to correct a headlight adjuster and clear an error code that G&S could not fix.  G&S did acknowledge all of their mistakes and offered to pay for my trip to the dealership.  Overall, I would continue to recommend them for small fixes but would look into additional options if the repairs are extensive.
dew dew

Re: Auto body shop

I've used Erie-LaSalle Body shop in River North a couple of times and have been very happy.  I can't speak for the pricing, but the service and results have been great.

http://www.erielasalle.com/

tpoct tpoct

Re: Auto body shop

i had a good experience with auto repair plus.