Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

12
nokiny nokiny

Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Anyone who wants to write an objection to Bureau Bar please do so by January 10th, 2013.

The building is mainly residential and full of young families with children. Opening a bar does not fit the building and surrounding area (excessive noise until 2am, smoke, building is not built with soundproof concepts in mind, even though there is some soundproofing done between the bar and adjacent units)

Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection
Local Liquor Control Commission
121 N. LaSalle, Room 805
Chicago, Illinois 60602
BigJohn BigJohn

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

I have no objection to this bar and FYI, Chicago city code doesn't allow smoking in bars and restaurants any more.  If you want to live in a place with no noise, bars or people maybe move to a far, remote suburb.  Maybe Green Acres would be more to your liking.
South Loopr South Loopr

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

I agree a bar should not be placed here for these reasons, but also it is between 2 churches.. the one on 16th/Wabash and Old St Mary's on Michigan. I believe Chicago has a law regarding a bar within 500 ft of a Church.
K K

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Just because it has "Bar" in the name, do you have proof that it will be the type of place you're describing?  Three Peas had a liquor license as well.
BigJohn BigJohn

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

If everyone who lives in the South Loop had this sort of attitude we would have no bars or restaurants.

It's fine if people want tranquil, peace and quiet but don't expect it in such a commercial urban area.
digger digger

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Objection is filed with BCAP.
This building is not suited for the Bar unlike Krolls, WeatherMark, Scout and others. The only reason is $$$, rent is dirt cheap for the location.
Little Tommy Skilling Little Tommy Skilling

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

I live over by there and I'm looking forward to a new bar to hang out, thanks for the info!  The Sloop needs lots of new bars and restaurants, I'll make sure to tell the Alderman that we need more of these.
SirMix-a-Lot SirMix-a-Lot

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

I'm hoping this is an honest to goodness night clurb with boom, boom music and some breezies.  We need some real euro-style disco music and neon in this part of town.  I think I smell some krunk up in here.
SirMix-a-Lot SirMix-a-Lot

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Tommy, rumor has it that Villians may be opening up a new bar in that same building which would be nice too.  I may have to move my pad over to there since that place is gonna be happening.
JudgeWapner JudgeWapner

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Objection overruled.

Sincerely,

Judge Wapner
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

I really hope SirMix-a-Lot's posts are satire.  If not, we are done for.

For anyone (else) wondering:  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=breezies
SirMix-a-lot SirMix-a-lot

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Damn Mark, you had to look that up in the damn dictionary?....bro, what rock you been living under?  What's wrong with having some more Gidgets in the hood?  What you got against the ladies?
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

nokiny, i'm sure you're all over this, but here's the info on an upcoming meeting that may include this topic:

South Loop Community Meeting
Saturday, January 26th | 9:00-10:30am

Venue:
1st District Police
Address:
1718 S. State Street, Chicago, IL, 60616, United States

Save the date!
Tentative Agenda:
9AM - Meet & Greet your neighbors with coffee & donuts
9:30 - Invited guests Ald. Dowell and Ald. Fioretti to provide ward updates
9:55 - Welcome new businesses
10:15 - (tentative) Bureau Bar Liqour License Application
cmc cmc

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

MarkChicago,

Thanks so much for posting that.  BTW, where did you find out about it?  I never see notices for such things...

Thanks!
cmc
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

cmc, as requested:

http://greatersouthloop.org/events/

Cheers!
cmc cmc

cmc
Little Tommy Skilling Little Tommy Skilling

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Hey Mix a lot and Judge W, are you guys going to go to this meeting to support these new bars?  I'm going to go.

We need to have a vibrant neighborhood with diversity and lots of food and beverage outlets.  if we allow these do-gooders to railroad all of the new places that try and set-up we will have nothing besides dry cleaners and day care centers which is mostly all we've got now and one of the reasons our property values lag most of the rest of the city in spite of our great/close location to the city and lake.

My forecast is for change.
SirMix-a-Lot SirMix-a-Lot

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Skilling, I'm going to try to slide on over there if i can find me some time, I'm usually pretty busy socializing in the evenings but I think you're right-on that this is a righteous cause.  We definitely need some more places like Reggies and Tantrum up in here.  Some night clubs would be sweet too.

I'll try and be there..why don't you bring Tammy Suza along with you...
SirMix-a-Lot SirMix-a-Lot

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

damn..I just saw this thing is way early in the morning....gonna be hard to get out of bed so early but I'll still try and be there.

who schedules something so important so early on a Saturday?
localhost localhost

Re: Bureau Bar @ 75 E 16th objection

Why all the fuss? Businesses do not last very long in that spot. Hardly any foot traffic. Very small space. We've seen them come and go on monthly basis. They're just going to waste their money. Forget the petition, just wait 2 months.
12