Burger Bar

mattm mattm

Burger Bar

Is it official that a Burger Bar is opening in the South Loop? I know there were some posts on it a couple months ago, but I have not seen anything since and was wondering what their progress/timeline is?
TheDude TheDude

Re: Burger Bar

ggettman ggettman

Re: Burger Bar

They are open and have their liquor license.  We have eaten there twice and have been impressed each time.  Love the truffle fries and the burgers.  The BBQ winqs are also really good.
TheDude TheDude

Re: Burger Bar

It's pretty good. I ate there tonight, and the service was pretty awful.

The food, however, was pretty good. Beer selection is nice but a bit pricey, which is to be expected.

They were pretty busy tonight, but I unfortunately got a server that had what seemed to be 5-6 tables. I'm no server professional, but that's a lot.

I may try it again in several months from now.
PizzaParty PizzaParty

Re: Burger Bar

Nor are you a master of the English language
TheDude TheDude

Re: Burger Bar

Great comment!
hello joe hello joe

Re: Burger Bar Salty Dog!!!!

Tried it three times now. Wow, very very salty. Wife says if you take it out of your diet you will notice when it comes back. Okay, fair enough, but not feelin that from the other places in the hood that also sell burgers. Sorry, salty dog just does not work for me. Beer selection is good, but what else do you order a place called Burger???
NeighborK NeighborK

Burger Bar

I was hopeful of a solid new addition to our sloop restaurant choices.  Disappointing effort. Menu is limited, what is there is fair at best and service is poor.  Staff not particularly service orientated. Favorite comment for places like this is: "I wonder what will be in that spot next?"  Almost anything would be better. F&S has much better burgers and many more choices.