CTA blocking the alleys of Wabash/state-anyone given notice?

Trapped Trapped

CTA blocking the alleys of Wabash/state-anyone given notice?

Good Morning,

I went to walk the dog this AM and realized that the L track construction has blocked off all alley access on the 1500 block of S State/Wabash (it may extend further as well to both the north and south). This means my car is trapped inside my garage. Usually not a big deal except when you are expected out in the burbs in just a few short hours! My question though is did any buildings get notice of this from the CTA? I would have gladly moved my car for the weekend if I had prior notice. I am wondering if this was lack of care from the CTA or a dropped ball from my building management? Any other buildings receive some kind of advance warning?! Thanks!
5e14th 5e14th

Re: CTA blocking the alleys of Wabash/state-anyone given notice?

Yes we had notices for the past two weeks from the alderman and our building mgmt.  5 e 14th place.
Geoff Geoff

Re: CTA blocking the alleys of Wabash/state-anyone given notice?

Sorry to say, but it sounds like your building dropped the ball.  We had about a week's notice (maybe more, I don't remember) at our building, 1529 S. State.  And the CTA is even paying for private lot parking for the people who can only access their cars through the alley.

Also, as a heads up, the CTA will be doing the same thing again the weekend after Easter, April 5-7.
Trapped Trapped

Re: CTA blocking the alleys of Wabash/state-anyone given notice?

Thanks for the responses! Somehow our building was missed by the CTA. I spoke with Alderman Dowell, who I must say was very responsive over e-mail, getting back to me on Saturday afternoon following my inquiry on Saturday morning. We did not receive (according to our property manager) any communication from the CTA. I am grateful to know that they will be coming back so hopefully we will get this figured out for next time. Thanks again!