Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

bingo bingo

Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-caribou-coffee-to-close-tk-locations-20130408,0,897739.story

Half of all Caribous are changing to Peet's, the other half are closing permanently. Going to be honest, considering how low-traffic that area is I wouldn't be surprised this Caribou closes (which is sad).

Does anyone have more info on it?
anonymouse anonymouse

Re: Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

Low traffic? It's right next to Columbia and it's always busy when I stop in.  I'm really hoping this location doesn't close completely.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

anonymouse anonymouse

Re: Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

Most downtown locations (including 8th/wabash) will remain open, changing to Peet's, according to the article you linked. So not really.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

If a Wendy's changes to Burger King, the Wendy's did in fact close.
Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

@Mark. Caribou is pulling out of the Chicago Market, but only a very small number of locations are actually closing - most will become Peets.
bingo bingo

Re: Caribou on 8th and Wabash...closing?

You're right anon - this location is remaining open as a Peet's, changing over sometime later this year.

I spoke to the staff there tonight. There won't be any staff changes, just a re-branding. The article was misleading - only one Caribou in the city of Chicago is closing permanently (most closures are in the burbs).