Quantcast

City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

slooposter slooposter

City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

I received a postcard recently that said City Tavern is filing for a public amusement license. Anyone hear anything about this?  Anyone familiar with what  type of activity requires a public amusement license?
SLOOPjudgeNjurry SLOOPjudgeNjurry

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

I'm not sure, commedy club?  Pole Dancing? Strippers?

I'd be ok with any of these options.

Anyone hear what is going on?
Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

Here's a link to the city web document:

http://www.cityofchicago.org/dam/city/depts/bacp/general/ppabrochur12911.pdf

it applies to a whole bunch of categories, but many of them relate to live music or entertainment.
slooposter slooposter

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

Thanks for the link Jim!
joe joe

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

pool room upstairs
Sloopr Sloopr

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

Nice! Looking forward to it if that's true.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

Interesting article on the City Tavern chef saga...

http://chicago.eater.com/archives/2013/02/19/robert-hoffman-is-the-latest-chef-to-helm-city-tavern.php

We went on Feb 14 and had the Amish Chicken and Steak & Ale Pie.  Whatever they are doing back there, they are doing it right!
Dan Dan

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

Went to brunch here on the 16th.  I had the sausage, grits, eggs and shrimp dish.  It was excellent.  I had one of their signature cocktails as well, it was also good but seemed a little small for the price.  Regardless, I will definitely be coming back for more.
SR SR

Re: City Tavern - Public Amusement License?

I went the day after valentines day and the experience wasn't so great. The grilled cheese felt like it had 10 lbs of cheese on it and the amish chicken lacked any salt/taste and was soggy and sweet potato fries came out very cold and chewy.

When I've been in the past I have had mixed results of really really good to mediocre. Service is great there and I like the atmosphere. I hope these changes will have them pay more attention to the details on the food. I'm really wanting to love this place.