City Tavern

NewHere NewHere

City Tavern

Anyone know what's going on with old City Tavern spot. I've noticed some movement in there before they covered up the windows with craft paper.
Geoff Geoff

Re: City Tavern

I don't know, but it would be really great if they just brought back Grace O'Malley's and stopped trying to hit a homerun with some new restaurant and a fancy chef.
Winter is coming Winter is coming

Re: City Tavern

Agreed. Who wants good food and quality restaurants located in their neighborhood? How does that improve quality of life or raise property values? Just make slop troughs and manicure/pedicure spas readily available. What else do we need?
nogs nogs

Re: City Tavern

I think that space is haunted... City Tavern was doomed from the beginning.

In reality, it'd be nice to have some classic shops running down Michigan. In particular, a bakery and a butcher (no candlestick maker, sorry). Sorry but the yahoos at Whole Foods don't know anything about good meat.  I still drive 30 minutes to pick up my steaks.
Not Much You Not Much You

Re: City Tavern

Where do you get your steaks....I'm intrigued...
NewHere NewHere

Re: City Tavern

I wouldn't mind a good local coffee shop on Michigan Ave.