Cobra Fitness

Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Cobra Fitness

Anybody know what's up with Cobra Fitness (next to Villain's on Clark)? They seem to be gone - broken window, no signs, etc. - but then one random day last week there were people in there working out.  Until then I was going to report this as a "closed business" for the counter, as they certainly seem to be more closed than open.
joe joe

Re: Cobra Fitness

they're open when there are classes there.  you can check their schedule.
veezworld veezworld

Re: Cobra Fitness

Kobra Fitness has been renamed to House of Pain Fitness and has moved from the Clark St. location back to its old warehouse location above the U-Haul facility at 600 W. Cermak (entrance on Jefferson, 2nd fl.). Fantastic workout.

Thanks. I guess Slooping can add this one to the "loss" column of busineses. It also appears that the Workforce place that was upstairs is gone, so that makes 2. Actually, anyone in the area should walk past this building which we call the "Villains Building". Actually at least 3 separate structures - all are in disarray. The old Cobra place just had it's windows replaced, but looked horrible for some time, the Workforce door is boarded over, Villains hasn't washed it windows in what seems like years, there's construction debris on the sideward, the the tallest building has been under "renovation" forever and at the moment is nothing but an empty shell on the upper floors. Quite the eyesore.
Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: Cobra Fitness

There's work going on in the former Kobra space including neon signs that say LACUNA FITNESS.

Googling turns up a website www.lagunafitness.com that links to a "coming soon" page which may or may not be for this.