Congress lighting display

Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Congress lighting display

will be turned on tonight (Thursday, April 11) at 8 pm.
brianbobcat brianbobcat

Re: Congress lighting display

About frickin' time!  I remember back right before NATO last year, when all the lanes of Congress were reopened, news articles quoted CDOT as saying this would all be done by June or July.  Not only is it a year later and the LED installs are just getting officially light up, but there's still a large lack of plantings.  It's spring time, why are there still missing trees, planters, and flowers?  I really hope this thing hasn't ended up being way over budget.

On a similar note, IDOT removed some of those ghost ramps from the middle of the Kennedy several years ago.  They were supposed to install new barriers on the remaining ramps, but for years, they've been temporary concrete barriers.  Those two are finally getting replaced, but it seems like they're doing one panel a week.  Our construction season is long enough without these HUGE delays.
K K

Re: Congress lighting display

Weather is still too quirky to plant the spring flowers, and it'd be a wasted effort to do any winter decorating.
Nogs Nogs

Re: Congress lighting display

only a matter of time before it gets warm outside and some thugs tag it or throw rocks at it... it's nice and all, but they should know we can't have anything nice in the city.
Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: Congress lighting display

It was only a matter of time, but somebody did quite a number on this at the corner of Congress and Dearborn over the weekend. Took out at least one lamp post, creamed one of the light panels, and pretty much destroyed a better part of one of the planters.