Construction on State Street

Josh Josh

Construction on State Street

Does anyone know what all the construction on State St between 16th and 20th is for?
TonyG TonyG

Re: Construction on State Street

Just read the big signs they have posted at periodic intervals: ComEd SmartGrid construction.

More info: https://www.comed.com/technology/smart-grid/basics/Pages/default.aspx
TonyG TonyG

Re: Construction on State Street

For some weird reason when I checked the link above it doesn't go through directly - I get a "Page not found" error message.

But, if you cut-n-paste the link, it will work. Go figure...

So, if the direct link doesn't work, just cut-n-paste and you should get to the ComEd page.
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: Construction on State Street

ComEd is putting in a 245,000 volt transmission line under the street.
BigAL BigAL

Re: Construction on State Street

I heard they are building a tattoo parlor over there.