DIVVY BIKE MORONS

Mr. Downtown Mr. Downtown

DIVVY BIKE MORONS

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
brianbobcat brianbobcat

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

There's always gonna be some "moron" who complains.  If she had been riding on the sidewalk, you'd be complaining that bikes belong on the street.
dtg312 dtg312

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

I don't know if this is the same person you're referring to, but this is ridiculous...

http://www.reddit.com/r/chicago/comments/1qkbhi/divvy_biker_lost_on_lake_shore_drive/
TomTom TomTom

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

This post was updated on .
It is unfair to take the actions of one thoughtless biker and indict anyone on two wheels. The name calling ("moron") does little to advance the intellectual discussion on the message board. The vast majority of bikers (including DIVVY bikers) are responsible and road worthy.
tpoct tpoct

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

"The vast majority of bikers (including DIVVY bikers) are responsible and road worthy"

No.
Steven Steven

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
cmc cmc

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

It really is not just one thoughtless biker.  I am curious if you drive at all. Tonight on my way home I nearly hit a biker who came from a sidewalk (out of Dearborn Park I, west side of Dearborn Station) onto a crosswalk and swerved just in time.  I had the light.  It was a policeman on the bike.  I can't imagine how that would have turned out had I hit him.

I drive daily and see nonsense on bikes all the time.  There are some very responsible bikers out there - and a gigantic thank you to the ones that are - but not many.  I have said it before and I'll say it again - bikes are pedestrians when they want to be and cars when that becomes more convenient.  They are unpredictable and they move very fast.  I have similar issues with joggers who dart into a crosswalk even when they have the light because they can come out of seemingly nowhere, especially when there are cars parked close to the intersection.

The few responsible bikers should be just as up in arms over all this silliness because it makes them all look bad.  And for pete's sake, if the city bothers to spend the money and the time to put in special traffic signals just for bikers, don't you think the bikers ought to obey them?
S-Loop S-Loop

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

Couldn't the same be said about all the drivers? Should we get rid of all cars on the road? We live in the city... drive a little slower and share the road. Fact of the matter is... the world would be better place if more people biked (and followed the rules)... this animosity and "biker vs motorist" attitude is very dangerous and harmful. Growing pains...
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

We live in a continental climate, making the argument for bikes as year-round, primary transportation unrealistic. (Yes, I get it maaaaan...you CAN throw on some WigWams and ride through the Winter)  With the limited real estate and climate, it's not cost beneficial to be changing our infrastructure to make room for novelty transportation.  Let's focus resources on mass transit & roadways (car paths) and quit trying to pretend this is some sort of utopia.
Southloopguy Southloopguy

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

I don't own a bike or a car. But what's with the bike-hate? Simmer down you silly hotheads.
TomTom TomTom

Re: DIVVY BIKE MORONS

There is a nice GROUPON for Divvy Bikes...$65 for a yearly membership...

http://www.groupon.com/deals/divvy

I'm sure I will be cannon fodder for the closed minded bike haters, but for those of us who enjoy transportation or recreation that won't harm the environment, this looks like fun. Be sure to bike responsibly!