Donna's Cafe

JH83 JH83

Donna's Cafe

Does anyone know why Donna's Cafe is closed?  There is a sign on the door that says closed until further notice
DowntownGal DowntownGal

Re: Donna's Cafe

Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature, but is it odd that A'Capella Bistro and Donna's Cafe, both owned by cops are now both closed within a week or so of each other.  Makes ya go hmmmm!
Weirdo Weirdo

Re: Donna's Cafe

I don't have any specific info, but when they first opened I had my doubts that they would last very long. They made a lot of rookie small business mistakes, like blowing a ton of money on decorating and buying brand new expensive equipment (I couldn't believe they had a brand new shiny Point-of-Sale computer system when you can get them sooooo much cheaper used from failed/closing restaurants), their menu was way too huge (when they first opened they must have had 30 different named sandwiches), and the prices didn't seem to reflect the kind of markup you'd need to support their expenses.

That might not be it, but I'd guess it's just another failed restaurant due to market conditions and inexperience.
Mekhi Mekhi

Re: Donna's Cafe

Oh was Donna a cop?
localhost localhost

Re: Donna's Cafe

I'm sad to see this place go. Sandwiches was always very good but their coffee selection rival local gas stations.  I hope they come back.
JH83 JH83

Re: Donna's Cafe

I walked past the cafe this morning and the sign has been changed to say that they are open for banquets and special events.
sloopy sloopy

Re: Donna's Cafe

So what do you think...should this be counted as a closed business for 2013?  Or since they're still doing banquets etc it's technically open?

Let us know.
JeffWagg JeffWagg

Re: Donna's Cafe

I vote it goes on the closed list. I can't go there, that means it's closed.
TS TS

Re: Donna's Cafe

They have a business license and are paying rent and doing business.  I can't go in there and get a sandwich like before, but I can go in there and book a banquet if I wanted.  If they are receiving money from customers for a service, it would be hard to consider them closed.

If you want to get really technical you could say the old Donna's that was a sandwich joint closed, and a new business that does banquets opened. In the end it becomes a wash from the counter's perspective.

veezworld veezworld

Re: Donna's Cafe

Donna's would be a great place for a small Super Bowl party (<20 folks), IMO.