Quantcast

Dumpsters and Trash Compactors in Early A.M.

mattm mattm

Dumpsters and Trash Compactors in Early A.M.

I live above Zapatista on the east side of the building.  There I'm situated about the alley where both Zapatista and Scout accumulate a lot of trash.  My issue though, is with how early their dumpsters get emptied.  Sometimes it's starts as early as 4 a.m.!!
I realized when I moved in there would be noise, garbage trucks, etc., in the alley.  But 4 a.m. seems extreme.  Anyone else have an issue with this?
neighbor neighbor

Re: Dumpsters and Trash Compactors in Early A.M.

Yes; I am in the same building and it seems within the past two weeks it has been happening more. So annoying!
Anonymouse Anonymouse

Re: Dumpsters and Trash Compactors in Early A.M.

I remember reading a few weeks ago about Alderman Reilly proposing an ordinance to increase the fines for private waste haulers that violate city regulations regarding trash collection hours.  There are already restrictions in place (no earlier than 7AM, IIRC), but the fines are so minimal that the time restrictions are simply ignored and considered a cost of doing business.  If I were you, I would talk to Ald. Fioretti and place a phone call to the offending businesses (be sure to mention the ordinance).  If that doesn't get you anywhere, I would suggest more "creative" measures.

And (quick google search), here's the link to the article, if you are interested:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12-11/news/chi-chicago-alderman-wants-crackdown-on-noisy-garbage-trucks-20121211_1_waste-haulers-chicago-alderman-garbage
mattm mattm

Re: Dumpsters and Trash Compactors in Early A.M.

THANK YOU!!! This is great info.  I emailed the Alderman's office as well, and am awaiting a response.
AM AM

Re: Dumpsters and Trash Compactors in Early A.M.

If it wakes you up, call 311 and report the name of the company and then call the number on the dumpster the next day and record a complaint.