Friends of Dearborn Park

DeaJC DeaJC

Friends of Dearborn Park

Is there a Friends of Dearborn Park group/committee (for the park, not the community)?  The park could use a little love and I would be interested in working to make it happen.  If not, would anyone be interested in joining me to create such a group? Thank you!
DeaJC DeaJC

Re: Friends of Dearborn Park

I created an email account for the park if anyone is interested - dearbornparkchicago@gmail.com.
Chicago Women's Park PAC Chicago Women's Park PAC

Re: Friends of Dearborn Park

There was previously and operating Park District Advisory Council for Dearborn Park. Not sure if it is still active.  Best of luck to you and congratulations on getting involved. More people like you are needed.

Some suggestions on your endeavor:

1.  contact the Park supervisor = Jacqueline Guthrie -  Jacqueline.Guthrie@ChicagoParkDistrict.com;  Phone: (312) 742-3918
She workls out of Daley Bicentennial Park
http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Dearborn-Park/

She can help with assessment of condition, funds, and tell you about the existing or non-functioning Park Advisory Council

2. Talk to someone at South Loop Neighbors - they used to be involved in this Park

3.  There is an official Park Advisory Council for nearby Mary Richardson Jones Park. Contact: Edie Tikoff - Phone: (312) 294-9903   Email: egt312@hotmail.com
Meeting Date/Time: 3rd Monday of the month, quarterly at 7:00 p.m.

Perhaps you can work under their umbrella or volunteer resources since they are usually overlapping with Dearborn Park.

4. New Dearborn PAC - all else fails, restart the PAC. Here is information.
http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/about-us/advisory-councils/

Best of luck to you and congratulations on getting involved. More people like you are needed.