Giordano's

MarkChicago MarkChicago

Giordano's

I read a post one night about the poor quality/service at Giordano's, but see it is removed.  Good.  To the person demanding Michelin star service and quality from a Chuck-E-Cheese calibre restaurant...get real.  I went on the second night and it was excellent.  Place was packed, staff was a little nervous, but eager to make things enjoyable.  Waited 35 min (which is to be expected) for a carry-out pizza at the bar.  The atmosphere was busy, but felt comfortable inside.  You forget you're in a dilapidated old courthouse in the midst of a gutting.  The pizza itself was excellent, will be back...no matter what FitGuy (see: Jim Rome Gym Guy) says.
Steven Steven

Re: Giordano's

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Eblostic428 Eblostic428

Re: Giordano's

I'd rather support a local place like Flo and Santos. Better beer selection and better pizza. I don't know anyone from Chicago who actually likes Giordano's.

Either way-- win win for the neighborhood. I really wish we had a bar like Benchmark or WestEnd in the area.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Giordano's

I hang/eat at F&S up to 3 times a week, I'm all about options.  Fortunately, I don't have some stupid rule against corporations or chains.
tpoct tpoct

Re: Giordano's

Scout is exactly like Benchmark or WestEnd.  Jimmy Green's is similar too.
Eblostic428 Eblostic428

Re: Giordano's

Scout and Jimmy Greens food is pretty bad.

@Steven you must not be from Chicago. I don'y have one friend/co-worker who likes Giordanos. Places like Pizanos/Lou Malnatis/Pequads/Art of Pizza/Flo and Santos all have better pizza.

Must suck not to have a car.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Giordano's

Lots of moronic comments on this thread, which was intended to be a compliment to a new Sloop spot.  Keep trashing it, even though it will be crowded with apparently ALL non-Chicagoans every night.
Eblostic428 Eblostic428

Re: Giordano's

With the second largest convention hall in the US a mile south... I am sure it will be!

Cheers!
tpoct tpoct

Re: Giordano's

You must work for Four Corners Group or something.
Eblostic428 Eblostic428

Re: Giordano's

@tpoct. Yeah I do. You busted me!

@steven. Good one brah!