Hair Salons

AMB AMB

Hair Salons

I am new to the area and I am looking for recomendations for affordable neighborhood hair salons.  I typically get a cut and two process color.  From the research I have done, I'm seeing prices upwards of 300 bucks in the area for these types of services.  Does anyone know of any hidden gems that won't break the bank?  I would prefer to support a sloop neighborhood business than trek out for cheaper services.
help help

Re: Hair Salons

I recommend  the hot comb salon. They do a great job on my hair and the prices are great!

The Hot Comb Salon
 1529 S State St, Chicago, IL ‎
(312) 753-5165 ‎
AM AM

Re: Hair Salons

Did you find any that worked?
namaste namaste

Re: Hair Salons

I see Norris at HeadQuarter Salon in Chinatown (next to Joy Yee and very close to the Sloop).   A cut is $35 -- I don't know the prices for 2 process colors. He is an exceptional stylist who was recently mentioned in Chicago magazine in the Guide to Chinatown. "the popular hairstylist known only as Norris turns out incredibly affordable dos (under $35 for cut, blow-dry, and style for men and women)"  http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/February-2013/A-Guide-to-Chinatown-Where-to-Eat-Shop-and-Play/.  The salon's Yelp page is very active.  I appreciate that Norris himself responds to the reviewers. http://www.yelp.com/biz/headquarter-salon-chicago.

I recommend setting an appointment during the weekday if possible.

jeangrey jeangrey

Re: Hair Salons

I visit the SalonBlonde which is an amazing salon for all types of hair styling and treatments. They have also started using the 24 inch hair extensions for those who need urgent length and volume for their hair.