Ice skating rink coming to sloop?

Mac Mac

Ice skating rink coming to sloop?

According to Chicago Journal (North Grant Park Plans Tweaked, 8/16/2012) Ald. Brendan Reilly (42nd) has stated in his email that the excisting ice rink, located in the north end of Grant Park will be replaced with a skating ribbon when the North Grant Park overhaul begins this fall. What caught my eye was this "The park district has committed to finding a location further south within Grant Park to locate a rink for team sports and recreation."

A rink for team sports? Park district organized hockey for south loop kids, maybe? Too good to be true? Does anybody know anything about this?
slew28 slew28

Re: Ice skating rink coming to sloop?

This would be amazing. God I would love to have pickup hockey leagues in the sloop.
sloopy sloopy

Re: Ice skating rink coming to sloop?

I agree, this would be great.

However, I'm skeptical given that that would mean there would be three ice skating venues in grant park (millennium park, new north grant park one and then a new one in the South portion).

Seems to good to be true if you ask me...but let's hope so.

SE SE

Re: Ice skating rink coming to sloop?

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLLLEASSSEEEEE! I would love this!