Kids Mini Bike Camp & Bike Clinic this Sun 8/13

CEdmonds CEdmonds

Kids Mini Bike Camp & Bike Clinic this Sun 8/13

Alpha Kids Shine is eliminating the stress of teaching kids to ride bikes!  Children ages 4-12 are invited to learn the biking skills needed to ride independently in Ping Tom Park this Sunday 8/13.

Parent Bike Clinic (9-10am):
Parents can get bike training tips, recommendations, and hands-on practice with a pediatric physical and occupational therapist.  Parents and kids will learn ways to steer, navigate, brake, and balance. A bike and helmet fit check are included. This is an open structure where parents can come with specific questions or just come to absorb the information. Kids with scooters, balance bikes, training wheels, and bikes are welcome.

Mini Bike Camp (10-12p):
The goal is to release the training wheels!  This mini camp allows kids to get hands-on practice with the pediatric physical and occupational therapist to gain bike riding skills.  Kids will get an extensive strength, balance, and coordination warm-up to get their bodies ready for the bike and then transition to bike drills, navigation, steering, balance, and braking on the bike. Please bring your child's bike with or without training wheels.

Our previous extended bike riding camps have been offered in Hyde Park and as a 12- year community member of the South Loop, I look forward to offering this program in our neighborhood.  Parents we appreciate any feedback and suggestions about our new bike program and hope to see you there!   alphakidshine@gmail.com

For more registration info- Alpha Kids Shine