Large casions on Roosevelt?

brianbobcat brianbobcat

Large casions on Roosevelt?

Hi everyone,

Obviously the raised bike lanes/lane/sidewalk reconstruction is in full swing, but I've noticed over the past month some large piling equipment in front of the Green/Orange Line station house.  Why would there need to be huge 20' long rebar cages?  I didn't think the elevated structure was being touched.

Does anyone know otherwise, or what those large pilings are for?  They're WAY too big to be for streetlights.

Thanks!
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: Large casions on Roosevelt?

They're for the bus shelters, which will cover much of the sidewalk area along Roosevelt in that block.
brianbobcat brianbobcat

Re: Large casions on Roosevelt?

Actually I talked with a worker who said they're for large identifier signs.  You can see the two western-most signs in this rendering: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24858199@N00/9967969426/