Library/Museum Passes

cmc cmc

Library/Museum Passes

I'm just curious if anyone knows of any libraries nearby that usually have museum passes.  Our normal library is Harold Washington, but they rarely have passes in for the museums we are interested in (Shedd, Adler, Peggy Notebart, Children's Museum).  I also checked the library on Taylor, and they also said they are usually checked out.  I have not yet made it to Chinatown, but if anyone can make it easier for me I would much appreciate it!
Frank Pizzo Frank Pizzo

Re: Library/Museum Passes

All the museums have free days, just call the one you want to go to and ask when their next one is.  And get there EARLY
s0nginmyheart s0nginmyheart

Re: Library/Museum Passes

If you have a Bank of America Bank Card (Debit) or Credit Card, you can get in to select museums for free on the first consecutive weekend of the month - just need to show your BOFA Card at the ticket booth. I know the Aquarium, History Museum, Planetarium, MOCA and Art Inst are all participating. Field does not.

http://museums.bankofamerica.com/

cmc cmc

Re: Library/Museum Passes

I was actually looking for the passes themselves, so that we could go when my son is on school breaks.  I know some libraries have passes available more than others, so that's what I'm actually looking for.  Thanks for the good info though!   I knew about the free days but didn't know about the BoA thing.
slo_oop slo_oop

Re: Library/Museum Passes

Try posting on Craigslist.
Les Les

Re: Library/Museum Passes

I've had good results at Chinatown and also Daley (approximately 33rd and Halsted), Chinatown keeps a list of available passes posted behind the counter.
cmc cmc

Re: Library/Museum Passes

Thanks much for that!  I will check on those two.