Quantcast

Little Branch

sloopy pete sloopy pete

Little Branch

Anyone have any info about Little Branch? At some point last fall they lost their liquor license and went BYOB. They were supposed to be working to get it back. It's a good cozy dinner spot, but not quite the same without cocktails.
South Loopr South Loopr

Re: Little Branch

Thanks! Great place, but have not been there for awhile so did not know they were BYOB. I would rather have them have BYOB as I only go there for breakfast although I know they had a nice bar area for the evenings.. The liquor license might not be worth the yearly fee? I hope business is good as I go there during the summer.
sloopy sloopy

Re: Little Branch

We were there late last year and saw that they had liquor...I would assume they still have it, but I could be wrong.
Emily Emily

Re: Little Branch

As far as I know (I was there last week) it's rockin' the BYOB status. I'm definitely not a fan of this, because LBC is my favorite cafe and they by far had the best cocktails around - and they got the job done. Also, the back area which was the "bar" shelf now just looks empty and dishelved.

Soon after they became BYOB one of the baristas told me "it happened overnight. we came in one day and the alcohol was gone."

I truly hope they get it back. LBC isn't the same.
Anna Anna

Re: Little Branch

Our understanding is that the sisters who owned LBC sold it. Now that its under new management, we've noticed changes in the quality (and quantity) of food being sold at the same price. Maybe the new owner they did want- or couldn't manage to keep the license? We stopped going after not being happy with the food and customer service on our last visit. It took ages to get our food, it was cold and not up to thier normal quality standard.
rememberthebreath rememberthebreath

Re: Little Branch

Any information on the new owners?
SR SR

Re: Little Branch

I was just in there last week and the alcohol is back. The lady who I always assumed was the owner was in there. Same lady that has always been there. She's the one that always pushes the $10 minimum on credit cards and also makes the worst latte's ever. I usually immediately leave when I see her working because she harshes my mellow.