Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

newsgal newsgal

Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi fellow Sloopers! We live in the hood and have a one and a half year old son. For the past year, we have shared a nanny with a friend of ours – cutting the costs in half while still giving the kids the one-on-one attention, comfort and interaction they need every day. We share the costs of food, transportation for the nanny and the weekly pay rate. My friend is leaving the share on November 21st and we are looking for a new family with whom we can share our nanny and would love to do it with a family nearby. My husband and I don't drive to work so we prefer the share by at our home. About our nanny: Noelia is from Costa Rica (she speaks Spanish to our son every day). She is young, energetic, protective, educated, hardworking and flexible. We adore her. She treats both boys as if they are her own. She has worked in the U.S. as a nanny for four years and has taken care of as many as three children (two of them being twins) at once. She has CPR and AID certifications that she renews every two years. She also completed an au pair training course in New Jersey. If you are interested in a share, feel free to respond. Thanks!
sloopy sloopy

Re: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hey newsgal - we might know someone.  email us at sloopin@gmail.com!

Cjayrogers Cjayrogers

Re: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi, I am not sure if there is a way to respond privately but I have a 9 month old and will be moving that way in early October.....  We will be in a position to look for a nanny towards the end of October...   We will be moving to the Dearborn Park area.  Let me know if I need to post my details publicly or if I can private message you.. I just joined.
newsgal newsgal

RE: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the hood. We ended up going with daycare for our son. We think it's better for the interaction although we will miss doing a nanny share. Sadly, our nanny got poached by another family.

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 18:46:55 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi, I am not sure if there is a way to respond privately but I have a 9 month old and will be moving that way in early October.....  We will be in a position to look for a nanny towards the end of October...   We will be moving to the Dearborn Park area.  Let me know if I need to post my details publicly or if I can private message you.. I just joined.

To unsubscribe from Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny, click here.
NAML
Dee502 Dee502

Re: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi, just wondering if you have already found care for your 9 month old? We are exploring care options for our 8 month old. He is currently in day care, but we open to nanny sharing with another family in the area. Please let me know if you are still looking. Thanks!
Dee502 Dee502

RE: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi Newsgal,

I think I just responded to your post on another site, lol. I see that you ended up going with daycare. Which one did you decide on, and how do you like it so far? If we are unable to find a family to nanny share with, we definitely want to change our daycare provider. Any information you could provide would be great. Thanks again!
newsgal newsgal

RE: Looking for South Loop Nanny Share Family - We have a nanny

Hi there,
Yes. We ended up going with a daycare. Our son is 17 months old and I really think a daycare may be better anyway. We are beginning in Nov. at A Child's Space. I really liked it because the classes are not too large. There are music, art, Spanish, French and other classes. The kids seemed really happy. Lots of noise and activity. The space is one level and the infant room is tucked in the back (vs. against the front window like many places had) and kids stay there until Kindergarten. Some have gone from there to really good test in schools like Skinner. Although South Loop Elementary is a great school anyway and that's in the hood. The Director at A Child's Space runs a tight ship and I prefer that. She has been there for more than a decade and I could see the kids and teachers respect her. They also hold seminars and meet ups for the parents which I really like as well. It's a bit pricier than the other ones but you get what you pay for.

Our nanny got another offer anyway that she couldn't pass up. Of course I am nervous about the transition but all in all I really think a daycare environment where he's with a bunch of kids his age is better for him.

Hope this helps!