Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

Peter Vanderveld Peter Vanderveld

Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

My fiancée and I are looking to buy a 2 bedroom loft in the south loop. If anyone knows of anyone looking to sell let me know. I am a Realtor, and we are looking for something not on the MLS, so that we don't have to pay out a commission. Thanks! and feel free to shoot over an email if you know of anyone: p.vanderveld@gmail.com
lovetorun lovetorun

Re: Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

Lofts are not as readily available in the south loop as they are in the west loops. There are more condos in the south loop. I'm looking to sell my 2bed/2bath condo but not until next year.
Peter Vanderveld Peter Vanderveld

Re: Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

Hi Jessica, we are open to condos also. However, we are looking to close on a place before our wedding in mid August.  Thanks, for reaching out and if you end up thinking you want to move earlier just let me know.

Thanks!
Peter

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2014, at 3:45 PM, "jessicalee615 [via The Sloopin Message Board]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Lofts are not as readily available in the south loop as they are in the west loops. There are more condos in the south loop. I'm looking to sell my 2bed/2bath condo but not until next year.

http://the-sloopin-message-board.1073605.n5.nabble.com/Looking-to-buy-a-2-Bedroom-in-the-South-Loop-tp2632p2641.html
To unsubscribe from Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop, click here.
NAML
JeffStewartREALTOR JeffStewartREALTOR

Re: Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

Hi Peter,

I want to clarify that if you are the buyer of a property you do not have to pay a Realtor commission, no buyer in Chicago does.  In fact if you are a Realtor representing yourself in the purchase of a property listed on the MLS you would earn a commission.  I would speak to your managing broker to verify what I'm saying unless I'm misunderstanding your message.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
773-537-0700 OFFICE
jeffstewart@atproperties.com | www.JeffStewartREALTOR.com
Peter Vanderveld Peter Vanderveld

Re: Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

Hey Jeff, yes you are correct in that a buyer doesn't have to directly pay a commission.  The way I worded my post is off looking at it again.  What I was getting at though is that as a buyer if there wasn't a built in commission that the seller has to pay, I may be able to get a better deal.  The buyer is paying for the house and then the seller takes those proceeds and pays the commissions.
   Either way, I am open to anything as long as the fiancée is happy! haha, let me know if you have anything in the 300k range coming on with a bedroom, taller ceilings, and a space for a desk.

Thanks!
s0nginmyheart s0nginmyheart

Re: Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

Too bad you didn't post last month. I just sold my 2/2+office/alcove, 1 parking spot... 14' concrete ceilings, two true bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows in each room and great room. The commission was killer (and that was even using a friend as my agent).
EdSchwind EdSchwind

Re: Looking to buy a 2 Bedroom in the South Loop

I have a unit at 801 S. Wells #403 that I own and just put on the market 2 weeks ago, two units currently there are 2 pending in the building, 2 active.  Please feel free to pull it up.  I'm a broker also, this unit is unique in that I raised the entire kitchen up when I rehabbed it.  Let me know if it's something you would be interested in, and if we can make the number work with or without commission I'm fine with it.

Ed Schwind
773 908-7666