Loud Bang around 1am

Curious Curious

Loud Bang around 1am

Did anyone else hear the loud bang around 1am today (11/2/12) near 18th and Prairie?  It shook my building.
SL resident SL resident

Re: Loud Bang around 1am

Yep, I thought it was thunder until my husband told me that the sky was clear. He said there appeared to be a cloud of smoke and it that it sounded more like dynamite had been set off.

I've heard about similar booms last month a bit further north but now having been woken up by it last night I'd like to know how to stop them before the booms are a nightly occurance. Do you call 9-1-1 on this or the alderman's office or 3-1-1?
AEF AEF

Re: Loud Bang around 1am

Yes, we were awoken by this.  Set off car alarms near us as well.
Frank Pizzo Frank Pizzo

Re: Loud Bang around 1am

Yes look at all the old posts.  There are likely kids or other idiots in the SLoop going around the neighborhood at this time setting off very powerful explosives (perhaps even quarter sticks of dynamite).  This has been going on for months and police are always too late to respond, so it continues.  Someone is bound to get severely hurt or killed if this doesn't stop.