Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

wc7 wc7

Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-shot-critically-wounded-on-near-south-side-20121126,0,1483642.story

Staff report
3:35 p.m. CST, November 26, 2012

A possible suspect is in custody in the shooting of a man in the South Loop this afternoon, police said.

The man, 30, was shot in the chest and leg in the 2100 block of South Michigan Avenue about 1:18 p.m., said Chicago Police Department News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala.

The victim was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition, Zala said.

A possible shooter was in custody, Zala said.
K K

Re: Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

Thanks for posting.
vtjl vtjl

Re: Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

Anon Anon

Re: Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
SlooperShooter SlooperShooter

Re: Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

Anon, it's perfectly legal to own a firearm (handgun or long gun) within the city limits. You just need to have city approved firearms training, fill out the proper paperwork with the police department, and viola, you too can own a firearm LEGALLY inside the city.

Here's everything you need to know:

https://portal.chicagopolice.org/portal/page/portal/ClearPath/About%20CPD/Firearm%20Registration
Anon Anon

Re: Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

thank you, I was told when I moved here there was a ban on handguns, which never made sense to me. Anyway, looks like the ban if there were one, was lifted a couple years ago. Thanks for posting the info on the FOID card.
Frank Pizzo Frank Pizzo

Re: Man shot, critically wounded on Near South Side

That area around Cermak isn't the safest.  I was mugged jogging down there last year after dark (my fault I know).  That area of public housing there is rough, plus there are 2 methadone clinics within 2 blocks of one another with a lot of sketchy people in and out and hanging about.  I like to give the poor, needy, and addicts the benefit of the doubt, but to be honest, they continue to be the ones committing the highest amount of crime its just a fact. So until all of that can be moved out (which it won't be), the crime down there will continue.
blarger blarger