Mariano's Fresh Market

DY DY

Mariano's Fresh Market

Is construction now beginning for the potential Mariano's Fresh Market on 16th/17th and Clark? I saw people tearing down the fencing around the lot and another small bulldozer there this morning...
slew28 slew28

Re: Mariano's Fresh Market

See thread below, titled "Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?"
SL resident SL resident

Re: Mariano's Fresh Market

I drove by the lot yesterday evening. There are signs saying "Mariano's coming soon" finally!
TJ TJ

Re: Mariano's Fresh Market

I got an email a couple days ago from Pat Dowell saying the ground breaking ceremony was going to be on the 28th.

Neighbors and Friends:

You are cordially invited to the official groundbreaking of the new Mariano's Fresh Market to be built at 1625 South Clark Street.  The event will be held on Friday, September 28, 2012 at 1pm.  Mariano's is expanding its presence in Chicago with a three story commercial building consisting of a 65,000 sq. ft. grocery store, a surface parking lot with 50 parking spaces and a two floor parking deck above the grocery store with 140 parking spaces on the second floor parking deck and 150 spaces on the third floor of the deck.

Mariano‚Äôs Fresh Market is unlike any other store and I am excited to bring them to the South Loop.  I hope you will come out and celebrate the beginning of what will be a welcomed addition to our community.

Please come out and meet Bob Mariano, President and CEO of Mariano's and his team.  Mayor Rahm Emanuel has been invited.
Chris Chris

Re: Mariano's Fresh Market

"I am excited to bring them to the South Loop"...Dowell makes me sick! She wanted the Marianos much further south in her existing district..She called it a food deprived area! Market is starting to turn and when new ward map goes into place she's gonna try to take credit for Fioretti and investors work..I am a fan of Marianos however, hope they open without any other major delays.
Juan in South Loop Juan in South Loop

Re: Mariano's Fresh Market

You are slightly off about Dowell. There was suppose to be 2 Marianos not 1. There was one planed for 39th and State and the one in the South Loop. Dowell was trying to get the one on 39th approved before approving the South Loop store. When the recession completed stopped the developement on 39th St development she approved the South Loop store.

Dowell does not pickup much of the Bob Fioretti 2nd ward. Most of that goes to Will Burns.  I think she gets Deaborn Park II but not mush that can be developed.