Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

TS TS

Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

Anyone know what the timetable is on the Mariano's at 17th and Clark?
Mark Mark

Re: Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

I would also love to know more about this development. I live nearby and have been excited ever since it was announced. Any rumors/information from others in the know will be greatly appreciated!
slew28 slew28

Re: Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

Starting in September, expected to take 8 months: http://greatersouthloop.org/2012/08/22/marianos-grocery-construction-update/
TS TS

Re: Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

Saw crews posting no parking signs by the lot today for the next 10 days. Seems like they may be bringing in heavy equip soon.
slo_oop slo_oop

Re: Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

I know Ald Fioretti was suppose to speak on this last week. Anyone attend? Any update on this? We're also very excited and frustrated that it's not starting already!
South Loopr South Loopr

Re: Mariano's...weren't they supposed to start construction by now?

Construction has started; however anyone know what amenities this Mariano's will have? I know the one in Streeterville has all of great stuff and the one in West Loop/Greektown will have the following:

Oyster Bar

A walk-in beer cooler - shoppers can pick their own six-pack variety.

The Vero cafe with gelato, coffee and wine bar, lounge seating and a fireplace.

Classroom kitchen.

Flower shop.