Quantcast

Mover recommendations

Moovin Moovin

Mover recommendations

Anyone have any mover recommendations? Sure, I can use Yelp, but it'd be good to get some first-hand recommendations.

We're only moving a few blocks within the neighborhood so either South Loop-based movers, or companies you've used in the past and can recommend, are welcomed.

Thanks,

Moovin.
Dbl J Dbl J

Re: Mover recommendations

Thompson Movers out of Oak Forest/Orland Park has moved my personal (twice) and business and done an excellent job. I have had family members use them also and they we're extremely satisfied

Dbl J
CEichendorf CEichendorf

Re: Mover recommendations

I used Two Men & a Truck when I moved.  They were quick, moved everything (even broke down an old piece of furniture for me) and I felt like I got a fair price too.

Geoff Geoff

Re: Mover recommendations

New City Moving is great.  Their pricing is very competitive, and what we were actually charged came in under the quote even though I thought we'd be charged more once the job was done.  Very professional, and they finished faster than expected.

They great reviews on multiple review sites, which is why we went with them.  I would highly recommend New City Moving to anyone.
bat312 bat312

Re: Mover recommendations

Move-tastic are great...funny website as well http://www.move-tastic.com/
Moovin Moovin

Re: Mover recommendations

Thanks for all these recommendations. Very helpful!
SloopMom SloopMom

Re: Mover recommendations

We used New City Movers for a Sloop to Sloop move last summer. They were very professional and took good care of our belongings. Nothing broke & got lost.

The cost proposal they had made prior to moving was pretty accurate as well. They quoted a significantly lower price than Sirva/Allied, btw.
I would definitely recommend them.
Me Me

Re: Mover recommendations

I've used Bernard Movers three times, including a South Loop to South Loop move. I think they based near McCormick place. They did a good job every time.
Moovin Moovin

Re: Mover recommendations

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations, they were very useful.

In the end we went with New City Movers. They undercut their original estimate by a fair amount and completed the move quickly. But they still did a great job and took good care of our stuff.

Although they aren't local to the South Loop, they'd moved people in and out of both buildings, so it was good that they were familiar with our neighborhood.