Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

Liz Liz

Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

Hi!  What is the best nail salon in the Sloop?  I have been to Salon Vision and they were okay but not very friendly.  Mani/pedis seem to run about $45 in the Sloop which is pretty steep - at most Lincoln Park high end nail places they run $35.  Anyone know why they are higher in the Sloop?

Trying to stay within walking distance of State and Roosevelt...and the midweek morning specials don't help me!

Thanks for your help!
Maura Maura

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

I've tried looking around as well.  There is basically Salon O, SV Nails and Salon Vision. (im sure there are others im not aware of but these are the ones i've tried).  Salon O is realllllllllly crowded.  It's just about the most unrelaxing mani/pedi i've ever had. (i've tried it twice and felt the same both times).  It's a small clean space, but very crowded and they just try and get you in and out asap.  SV nails is ok.  Nothing special, but they do a fine job. They are not all that friendly and the place is kinda outdated.  I now always just go to Salon Vision. Yes i agree they can come across unfriendly at times, but it's really hit or miss to be honest.  I go because i never feel rushed, it's a relaxing clean atmosphere, they play movies on their flat screen while you sit there and i've never had a crappy mani/pedi from there.  So those are my thoughts. Hope it helped.  Ill check back on the thread myself to see if anyone has any other suggestions to try
cmc cmc

RE: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

There is a new nail salon next to Sandmeyers Bookstore in Printers Row (about 700 S. Dearborn) called Spa Anjou.  I checked Yelp and it seems everyone loves it except Groupon customers.  Not sure what’s up with that.  I’ve never been there myself.

I’m not sure if you consider that “walking distance” or not!

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

nails by zoe!! 16th and state street. i love her! she is so thorough and is way better than any of these "in and out" places. my manicures last soo long! and her pedicures are fantastic!
SL resident SL resident

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

Is Nails by Zoe the place with no signs out front just S. of 16th? I drive by and see people in there but never knew the name of the business. Do they take walk-ins?

I've also been to Nail Social on 16th between Michigan & Wabash so it is a little further than Roosevelt & State but you can take the #12 bus there. They were really nice when I had my nails done and the place was clean.
A A

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

yes, no sign...well worth a visit though!
LocalLady LocalLady

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

Aniko, hands down.  Quiet manicure, good products, super efficient.  Oh, and they serve wine!
yogichic yogichic

RE: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

I used to go to Salon Vision but my favorite person Kelly left and I found out she is now at Spa Anjou. Nice atmosphere, different than Salon Vision, but I will walk the extra blocks because of Kelly's exquisite handling of my feet.
CC CC

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

The Nail Social is great.
Sheila Sheila

Re: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

Best salon is Spa Anjou in Printer's Row-impeccably clean, very comfortable, relaxing and great nail work-I had a fabulous pedicure and went back again for a manicure and a facial. The facial was the best I've ever had. Prices are reasonable-you need to try this spot. You won't regret it.
Sheila Sheila

RE: Nail salons - what is the best in the Sloop?

Spa Anjou is great....new business-impeccably clean and organized, very relaxing and quiet-they take excellent care of their customers. After my awesome manicure, the technician gave me a mini-shoulder massage. It was heaven! I got the same treatment when i went back for a pedicure. Prices beat out other places. This is THE place if you want to feel like you are worth being treated well.