Nepal House

Chris Chris

Nepal House

http://www.chicagomag.com/Radar/Dish/April-2013/Nepal-House-Opens-Friday-in-South-Loop/

Nepal House looks to be opening this Friday. Wish them the best.
Anonymous Anonymous

Re: Nepal House

I wish them the best as well. I was so sick of walking by depressing and skeezy A'cappella everyday so this is a welcome change. Their website is up and running with complete dining-in menu. Quite the extensive list!!

http://www.nepalhouseonline.com/

sloopingo sloopingo

Re: Nepal House

This post was updated on .
My only concern with it is the menu appears to be exactly the same as the Chicago Curry House, which is a stone's throw away...while I like the food at the Chicago Curry House I would like to see a different menu and/or options to choose from.
Nogs Nogs

Re: Nepal House

walked by it yesterday... just like its predecessor... it was empty. HA.
Webster Webster

Re: Nepal House

Went last weekend for dinner around 8.  It was packed, waited about twenty minutes for a table.  Once we were seated, it was literally 25 minutes before anyone came to our table, and then only because I went and spoke to the hostess at the front.  Once they took our order, it was another 15 minutes before our drinks came, again because I flagged someone down and said something.

The food came out soon thereafter and was EXCELLENT.  Really some of the best Indian food I've had.

Bottom line - service needs MAJOR attention, but the food makes Nepal House a keeper....probably for take out next time (they seemed to be doing a brisk take out business).
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Nepal House

On a Tuesday?  And you're happy about it being empty?
TS TS

Re: Nepal House

Went there this evening and it was fantastic.  Quick service and great food.  Was very pleased that they charged 2 bucks for a coke.  Lots of restaurants gouge on pop prices and it was a small, but significant, source of value.  Again food was really good and service was prompt;  I think they have worked out some of the kinks!
Richard Hertz Richard Hertz

Re: Nepal House

Used their website to place a big dinner order last night, for pickup by me.

Walked over at the appointed time.  THE PLACE WAS CLOSED (ON A MONDAY NIGHT)!

Handwritten sign on door "sorry we're closed".  Is this place dead already???

You'd think businesses would be a little better capitalized.

TG TG

Re: Nepal House

It's not unusual for a restaurant to be closed on a Monday. Actually it's quite common -- but the Nepal website does says "open daily".

Maybe a special event - or an emergency?

As for you ordering food on-line, how did you do it? Through iMenu or GrubHub?

Looks like GrubHub won't even let you place an order if the place is closed.

We ate there last week and the food and pricing were very competitive -- and when we walk by there is always a decent crowd in there, unlike A Capella.

If I were you, I'd stop in and explain what happened. Maybe they'd throw some free appetizers your way on a future order.