New Construction

Mary Wheeler Mary Wheeler

New Construction

Does anyone know what is happening across the street from whole Foods, Panera, Marshalls etc on Canal? Another mall space?
Dan Dan

Re: New Construction

I believe is supposed to be mixed use... apartments over retail.  Similar to roosevelt collection.
Emen Mali Emen Mali

Re: New Construction

No longer mixed use, just retail now.
blarger blarger

Re: New Construction

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
anon anon

Re: New Construction

When i looked through the images, there seems to be some interesting retail tenants. I wonder if these are "confirmed" retail tenants.
Frank Frank

Re: New Construction

Their website says that they have some tenants confirmed.   I doubt they would risk legal ramifications by putting Nordstrom or dicks if they weren't under contract.   That could change though from now until end of construction.
LilTommySkilling LilTommySkilling

Re: New Construction

Hey, I live at the tall highrise at 1211 S. Indiana and there is lots of pounding, hammering, sawing and nailing going on in one of my neighbors units.  Does anyone over here know what is going on with that?  Are they doing a new kitchen? bathroom renovation? custom closets? something else I haven't thought of?  Please let me know over here.  Thanks
Marinauser Marinauser

Re: New Construction

Why don't you just knock on the door and ask?
Little Tommy Skilling Little Tommy Skilling

Re: New Construction

Hi Mari,

That was a good idea.  I didn't wanna bother them though but I did see one of the workmen carrying in this huge, tall, partially assembled bronze budha statue.  I asked him about it and he said they are building a budha shrine...so I looked in and in the dining area between the kitchen and living room they had to tear out the hardwood floor down to the subfloor and cut off the base of the budha to fit this thing in there - - it went clear up to the ceiling.  Kind of nuts to me but I saw it again yesterday and it looked kind of cool too.  They have a water feature, some colored spot lights and everything.

Dan Dan

Re: New Construction

Little Tommy,

   If you are an owner in that building I would be curious if the owner took the proper steps with the association to have that work done.  It sounds like more then your average buildout.
Little Tommy Skilling Little Tommy Skilling

Re: New Construction

This is the Southside so I'm totaly sure that all of the necessary work permits were filed, signed and stamped by the necessary city officials, crossed-checked by the condo board, that the workers were all union locals and that all payments were above board and properly documented.

Maybe we can also talk about how the Condo board could clamp down on my other neighbor and the very numerous, very questionable, micro skirt wearing lady friends who do (or don't) frequent his place at all hours of the night.

Or we could recognize that this is the city and that crap happens and not worry about it.