Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Sleep Deprived in the Sloop Sleep Deprived in the Sloop

Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Just wondering how many other people hear this constant noise nuisance and get suggestions on how to make them fix it!!
Josh Josh

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Yes!  I hear it all the time.  I'm not really sure who should be contacted either but it has gotten so bad that I now keep my windows closed all the time.
slew28 slew28

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

If you can't figure out who manages the building, call 311 or the Alderman's office. Both are used to dealing with stuff like this.
sloopbabe sloopbabe

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Complaints have been filed. we can see from our bldg that they are working on it.
Be on the lookout Be on the lookout

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

We have seen them working on it as well.Unfortunately with no success. I just found out from a neighbor that the unit does not even service the residents themselves. It cools the first floor only! The front desk woman told my neighbor that the residents of the building have no idea why they don't simply shut it off since it has no real benefit for them. I can not imagine another summer with the noise. I live directly across from it, I feel like it is literally a noise torture technique designed to drive me insane!
Be on the lookout Be on the lookout

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Noise is gone right now due to machine...being turned off! My building has a lawyer lined up in the event the noise continues into next summer...when the machine gets turned back on...the noise is gone but not forgotten!
JeffWagg JeffWagg

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Thanks for identifying this sound. We heard it at Coliseum Park and spent an evening trying to figure it out. We were amazed when we came out two weeks later and it was still there.
Keep You Posted Keep You Posted

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Good morning...well it is not actually very good for me...the noise is back after a brief and lovely respite over the weekend and into this week...what a tease!
A few of us in my building are going to be meeting soon to discuss the options for further action against Mercy Housing Lakefront, the company who oversees this building. They clearly are not taking the issue very seriously and although had committed earlier in the summer to replacing the unit if a fix was not found, they are now backing away from this plan, continuing to make their own noise about how they "now know" what the problem is and are going to fix it...This was their statement last week; the noise is still there. For those of you who may casually read this and hear the noise from the ground level and think...its not that loud...it is nothing compared to the noise I, along with many of my neighbors get to hear at roofline and above from this giant, irritating machine.
This weekend with it off reminded me of what it is supposed to be like living in my place...quiet with punctuations of sirens, trains etc.-lovely city noise that we all signed up for that is occasional and has an end point. This noise is constant and akin to having an alarm clock permanently strapped to your back on "buzz".
I plan to create an e-mail account for more specific communication about this issue for anyone that might be interested in meeting with me and my neighbors about further action if needed next summer; I will post this when I create the account.
Broomy Broomy

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

I was so excited when I read your post yesterday that this thing was off.  And then I went out on the balcony to eat dinner with my wife.  Still There!  Please post any info on your activity to shut this thing down, I'd be happy to help.  I'm in Dearborn Tower on State and it's very loud, can't imagine the noise you put up with.
Keep You Posted Keep You Posted

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

Thanks for the support Broomy!

If you would like to stay in the loop on the issue and attend a meeting (TBA) regarding possible additional action, please e-mail stopthenoisesouthloop@gmail.com

Thanks!!
Sleep Deprived in the Sloop Sleep Deprived in the Sloop

Re: Noise From broken air conditioner at 1521 s wabash

By the way, it is 65 degrees out and the machine is still running, just called the building and they refuse to shut it off. They need maintenance to do that and they have left for the day...total disrespect.