Quantcast

Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

blarger blarger

Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

I don't remember seeing anything about this before, but it looks like there are at least plans to convert the old Cook County courthouse on Michigan Ave into condos and retail:
http://chicago.everyblock.com/building-permits/oct29-permit-issued-renovation-alteration-5487193
sloopy sloopy

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Wow, this was proposed back in the real estate bubble (with pictures at street level and everything).  Wonder if it's going to happen now.

Thanks for posting!
Brad Brad

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

As a resident of the 1300 block of S Michigan, this would be great!  Hope it happens.
Chris Chris

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Rental units, not condos.
TS TS

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Have it on good authority that a giordanos will be in the retail portion of this space. Probably 8 to 10 months from now for opening.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Some activity going on in and around the old courthouse, handful of construction workers around on a daily basis now.  Also cleaned up the roof and some type of HVAC work, first time in YEARS anyone has touched anything up there.
MikenKara MikenKara

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Heard form a pretty good source its Giordonos....
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

Coming Soon sign up for Giordanno's.  "Pics or it didn't happen", I know I know.  Just gonna have to take my word for it this time.
sloopy sloopy

Re: Old courthouse to be condos/retail?

I saw the signs as well so can corroborate MarkChicago's statement.