Roosevelt Collection Retail...

TS TS

Roosevelt Collection Retail...

There's been a lot of speculation as of late about the specific stores to open at The RC.  Thought I would ask if anyone has any more specific info about stores and/or opening dates.
SE SE

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

Lots of heavy equipment all over the north side of RC. Looks like digging for foundation or underpass? Whats up?
Brent Brent

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

I was just checking the message boards to see if anyone knew what they are putting in that lot. I heard today it is to be a school and park, which is the first I've heard and was hoping to confirm.
sloopy sloopy

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

SE SE

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

From what I can see, crews have 6 pilings/caisson in on the west side of the Metra tracks and are preparing to do some sort of work directly east on the other side of Metra track bed. I doubt this is the beginning of a large structure (school or building) as most likely those structures would go (dig) down prior to drilling caisson. Could this be a ped-way? Totally confused by what I am seeing.
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

The work on both sides of the Metra tracks at Ninth Street is ComEd putting in a new underground 245,000 volt transmission line.  It will run north under State Street from 55th, and then west under Ninth Street to the big substation across the river.
SE SE

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

Okay…but why the caissons behind RC? You may be right since Meade is doing the work...but the caissons throw me for a sloop ;-))
peter peter

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

Can't verify this, but the security guard told me that Republic of Couture has started its build-out on the southeast side... and that a restaurant will soon be starting work near/under the theater.
ttomlin ttomlin

Re: Roosevelt Collection Retail...

I drove by there this morning, and all the glass storefronts are going in. They look great!