Scout

hipocracy hipocracy

Scout

" oh the scout is awful, another sports bar, ugh why not more hippie bagel shops"

Hawks aint goin to no bakery.... Boom Roasted
tdoned tdoned

Re: Scout

Fun and true!
cmc cmc

Re: Scout

forget the grumps that hate The Scout. They are too busy at the bean bar at Whole Foods. bwahahahaa
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Scout

Congrats to The Scout!  This place is great for the neighborhood, regardless of it feeling like a Bridgeport meathead Royal Rumble sometimes.

The detractors prefer to sit in the shadows playing Risk, munching on kelp, while Rocky Horror plays on repeat OR want to wheel their kids in there and act like they are still living the dream without someone spilling Malort on their Baby Bjorn.
rememberthebreath rememberthebreath

Re: Scout

"Don't Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life."
Miguel Angel Ruiz, The Four Agreements.

Wow.  So many assumptions in this thread about who likes or dislikes the Scout Restaurant.  It seems judging from the review on Yelp, the major complaints people have about the restaurants have to do with the service. I can't make any assumptions about who they are or what they like to do.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-scout-chicago

And btw, one cannot "munch" on kelp.  The edible form of kelp is kombu.  Have you ever seen it in the store?   It's not really something you snack upon.  It's great to flavor broths and stews.

Joe Joe

Re: Scout

I like Scout up until the time of day it gets populated with the type of people who say "Boom, Roasted". You can find a more mature crowd at Durkins.
hipocracy hipocracy

Re: Scout

I enjoy Scout up until the time of day it gets populated with the type of people like "joe". You can find a more livelier crowd at Overflow.
Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine Night_Train_to_Mundo_Fine

Re: Scout

The Scout is OK. They have a good beer selection. I like the open front windows in warm weather. The food is hit or miss.

But it does have the vibe of a joint in Woodfield Mall.
tpoct tpoct

Re: Scout

And what time were the Hawks there?  They know when to avoid Scout too.