Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park

TonyG TonyG

Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park

From today's Trib...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-woman-sexually-assaulted-outside-south-loop-home-20130109,0,5266213.story

I know this could happen anywhere, but I sometimes wonder if Dearborn Park's "enclave" layout actually makes it too quiet - and easier for troublemakers to lurk in the shadows without being noticed.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park

What a sickening story.  It's a shame we have to deal with these animals.
cmc cmc

Re: Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park

Actually I disagree with the enclave layout as a problem.  One way in and one way out via auto I think makes it much safer.  I'm guessing this was on foot.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park

Here's the Trib's story.  What a savage.

A 56-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in her garage in the South Loop by a man with a gun, police said.

The attack happened around 6:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of South Clark Street, police said. She was approached while she was seated in her car inside her garage and the man showed a gun and told her to open her car door, police said. Police originally had said she might have been forced into her car.

The man then assaulted her, according to a police alert issued this afternoon by Area Central detectives.

Her attacker took her keys and went into her home after the attack and robbed her 54-year-old husband, police said.

The attack is described as a black man, between the ages of 30 and 33, standing between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8 and weighing between 165 and 185 pounds. The man had black hair, brown eyes and a medium complexion. He was wearing a black ski cap with red trim and a dark-colored sweater, police said.

The woman was taken to a hospital.
localhost localhost

Re: Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park

Acutally, one way in one way out does not make it safer. The whole purpose of this layout is to limit traffic... auto as well as pedestrian. Quiet street leads to better opportunity for criminals.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Sexual Assault in Dearborn Park