Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Sloop neighbor Sloop neighbor

Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

This is terrible!

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/544/article/p2p-76717407/

Saw/ heard all the emergency vehicles but didn't know this is what happened.
K K

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Not good...  Hope this is an isolated incident.
Obama's Boss Obama's Boss

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

If Daley was still the Boss and still living there with his security staff this probably doesn't happen.  At least not at that location.
S S

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

less than 2 months ago, shooting at roosevelt intersection:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=9115083

1st time is an isolated incident, 2nd is.. an unfortunate coincidence?  Hope there's not a 3rd time
Jim S. SLoop Jim S. SLoop

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Victim was from Dolton - what was he doing in that area?  Hopefully he was targeted (probably gang related) and that this was an isolated incident and not random violence.  Lived here a block from this shooting for 11 years and have never seen crime like this til recently.
tpoct tpoct

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Well you're either lying or didn't pay attention to your surroundings 11 years ago because there were 15 murders that year in the neighborhood.
Jim S. SLoop Jim S. SLoop

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

This post was updated on .
Moved to 1400 block of S. Indiana in Sept 2002 and previously lived at 910 S Michigan for 4 years and I cannot recall that many shootings in the immediate area.  Also I was president of thePark Row HomeownersAssoc in this block for several years so I had a pretty good idea of what was happening in the area.  BTW I don't appreciate being called a liar.  If u can't be civil, stay off the board.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Let's hold all speculation until Al Sharpton's press conference.  I'm sure he'll be here...no?
tpoct tpoct

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Well that year there were 1500% more murders in the area.  I'm imagine it's just that there weren't as many news outlets to hear about the shootings in the area.  Just because you weren't aware of them, didn't mean that it wasn't happening.  It's just now you get beat over the head with every incident.
Obama's Boss Obama's Boss

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

Anyone have the 411 on what happened here?

Who was this guy?

What was he doing in the neighbourhood?

Did the police apprehend any suspects?

Any info at all released from the police?
dr.sloppy dr.sloppy

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

tdoned tdoned

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

A random carjacking? I hope not.
TBONE TBONE

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

From sources in the know, this was definitely not a car-jacking and definitely not random.
AnonymousDrunk AnonymousDrunk

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

TBONE,  you got any more information for us beside it not being a random car jaking?   If  you know what it wasn't do you also know what it was?

tpoct tpoct

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

AnonymousDrunk you can leave now, your remarks are nothing short of offensive.
STEVEN STEVEN

Re: Shooting death @ 15th/ prairie last night

he is an attention seeking punk, just ignor him