Sloopin Filming

K K

Sloopin Filming

With all the shows that have been filming in Chicago this season, I think it's interesting to see the South Loop show up in them.  The Mob Doctor episode 7 "Turf War" has the most I've seen (you can find it on Hulu).  Minute 39:00 was filmed in the alley of the auto shop on State behind the new Goodyear off of 18th.  I wish I would have been around to see the filming out my window, which my parents caught as they were house sitting while I was on my honeymoon, so I've been waiting for that scene to show up.

If you continue watching to the end, you'll see a scene shot at Ping Tom Park, and earlier in the show at minute 4:00, they're in the empty field off Clark and 15th, north of Ping Tom.

An episode or two before, the outside of the hospital was filmed outside McCormick West on Indiana.  They included a clear shot of Lexington Park at Michigan and Cermak indicating that maybe the sniper came from that building, which I found funny.

Has anyone else picked up on any scenes shot in the area in this show or any others?  Anything outside of the building shot previously mentioned in the Underemployed trailer?  I remember they were filming in the area a couple different days, but I haven't noticed any local shots in the show.  They seem to shoot mainly in the Loop/West Loop, and what I would guess to be the North Side.  Chicago Fire seems to be all over the place, but don't think I've noticed any South Loop shots in it either.
s0nginmyheart s0nginmyheart

Re: Sloopin Filming

I'm trying to figure out where that darn donut shop is in Underemployed lol. I am glad that they are using real venues - Uncommon Ground, and I think Martyr's was one of the bars they were at, referencing "HopLeaf", etc.

Shameless also comes back on in January I believe - will be interesting to see where they have filmed.
Vanessa Vanessa

Re: Sloopin Filming

The donut shop is not a real place.  It is next to Sweet Mandy B's in LP on Armitage.  In one shot, you could see that they changed the awnings to say Donut girl, but the window's still said Sweet Mandy B's.
joe joe

Re: Sloopin Filming

Mob Doctor was filming at the park at 700 S. Dearborn a little while back.
JeffWagg JeffWagg

Re: Sloopin Filming

Ahh, thank you for this. I saw them filming in the Brownlands (empty space North of Tom Ping) but I couldn't find out what it was. They were out there all day, and it looked like a bunch of folks standing around a grave. I thought that's what I was REALLY looking at for a long time.
brianbobcat brianbobcat

Re: Sloopin Filming

Chicago Fire has also been filming all around Chicago.  The fire station used in the show is on Blue Island, just south of Roosevelt.  While not in the Sloop, they have filmed here.  Episode 4 featured a warehouse fire directly across Indiana from McCormick Place, and this past week had a "blue line" train collision that took place on the transfer tunnel from the Red Line to the Green/Orange Line.  The Emergency Exit even had Wabash written on it.  Unfortunately it doesn't sound like either Chicago Fire nor Mob Doctor are doing well enough to be back next year.  Chicago Fire definitely is more true to Chicago, with Mob Doctor filming a lot of interiors and what few exteriors they use are always misidentified, while Chicago Fire at least occasionally identifies real locations, or uses real street names, while filming almost everything on location.