South Loop Coworking Space

jg jg

South Loop Coworking Space

I'm trying to gauge interest in opening a coworking space in the South Loop, primarily aimed at those who work from home. I currently have space at 1871 and have used other Chicago coworking spots, but I'm not aware of anything in the South Loop. I'm hoping to find a few others who are interested in locating some vacant office space (of which there is quite a bit) and setting up a new coworking spot. Any interest?
swinterroth swinterroth

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

I'm interested!
veezworld veezworld

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

I'd be interested. The first floor in the bldg across from the church on Cullerton & Michigan (2nd Presbyterian) might be a good location, I never understood why they couldn't get a tenant in there.
swinterroth swinterroth

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

Sounds good.  I'm game!  Email me [hidden email]

Irozendaal Irozendaal

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

Wondering if this coworking space got any traction.
I'm very interested for my own work and could probably help set it up.

Sounds like there's enough interest here for something to start.

Thanks

Feel free to shoot me an email:
[hidden email]

-Ivo
emay2quick emay2quick

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

I would definitely be interested in setting up a coworking space in the south loop.  Would be interested in a partnership or pre-registering some highly interested tenants.

Anyone interested please email me!!
Nice Neighbor Nice Neighbor

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

You guys should check out 500 W Cermak.  I'm not sure what they are charging for rent nowadays, but they do have workspaces.
jg jg

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

Ideally I'd like to get ~8 anchor coworkers to commit to the space, then we can scout locations and sign a lease. Anyone who is interested, please message me via this messageboard.
emay2quick emay2quick

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

I'd be interested.  Marquis D.

646 881 4818 (c)

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:04 PM, jg [via The Sloopin Message Board] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ideally I'd like to get ~8 anchor coworkers to commit to the space, then we can scout locations and sign a lease. Anyone who is interested, please message me via this messageboard.

http://the-sloopin-message-board.1073605.n5.nabble.com/South-Loop-Coworking-Space-tp1942p2385.html
To unsubscribe from South Loop Coworking Space, click here.
NAML

Irozendaal Irozendaal

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

Shall we meet to have this conversation in person?
There are plenty of locations as options.

I can contact you each individually, if your contact info is available.
Otherwise you're welcome to contact me as well.
The concept is very feasible and exciting to consider for the SL.
I'm likely the newest resident of the group to the SL, so I'm all ears.
I have assisted setting up a co-working space in the past, on the design side.

-Ivo
irozendaal@strang-inc.com
ph: 608.772.8771
emay2quick emay2quick

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

again... if anyone is interested in pursuing this email me mail@ marquisdavis.com

646 881 4818 (c)

http://the-sloopin-message-board.1073605.n5.nabble.com/South-Loop-Coworking-Space-tp1942p2387.html
To unsubscribe from South Loop Coworking Space, click here.
NAML

platformcoworking platformcoworking

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

Hello all.
I'm currently in the preliminary research and design phase of launching a coworking space in the south loop. I'm working with partners, and can't disclose the exact address at the moment, but it's near 16th street. I have some questions for everyone, as it appears you all actually live in the area (I'm from way up north).

First, and I know this may be impossible for many of you to actually know (which is why we're doing research on the matter)--do people living in the S loop actually work from home? Or do most S loopers live here b/c it's a convenient commute to their job in the loop proper?

I assume most residents rent; true or false?

I run a small manufacturing company, but imagine most coworking space members are either: 1) programmers 2) creatives or 3) independent consultants/technical sales people. How about you guys? Do you fit neatly into these categories?

We really want to make this space work, but we're unsure about the neighborhoods current prospects. Long term, sure, it will slowly but surely grow. But there are vast swaths of the south loop that are, shall we say, "quiet." Commerce has not yet caught up to the development and attendant population density.
Obviously no one wants to dump astronomical sums of money into a project only to have it half filled on a good day.
There will always be a need for coworking spaces, I guess my main concern is how big it should be, given the population density of the south loop (and job makeup).
I welcome (and appreciate) everyone's input/criticism.
Dennis McClendon Dennis McClendon

Re: South Loop Coworking Space

I don't know how to answer for everyone.  Maybe you should set up a little SurveyMonkey, or at least give an email if you want individual responses.

I'd say those of us interested in a coworking space are sole practitioners, from all three of your categories, working from home.  We like the idea of a coworking space to reduce isolation and have some cross-pollination of ideas between fields.

I certainly wouldn't assume we are all renters.