South Loop Day Cares

RTCK RTCK

South Loop Day Cares

I've put together a google doc of the area day cares with pricing and hours etc and thought i would share with our growing community here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3p7bmwd6pHdFJ3dE92eERnVVNQTngtQjJOcy1SbEE#gid=3

enjoy!

tpoct tpoct

Re: South Loop Day Cares

thanks!
kelmer kelmer

Re: South Loop Day Cares

My 1 year old has been going to JTA since he was 4 months and we love it there!
cmc cmc

Re: South Loop Day Cares

bump for Natasha's post
SouthLoop Resident SouthLoop Resident

Re: South Loop Day Cares

FYI - I do not recommend Kindercare on State. My 2.5 yr old, who has been there since he was 3 months old, was reprimanded using physical force (smacked him on the head). We reached out to the center director (and was confirmed by another teacher) but nothing was done. We pulled him out of the daycare immediately. This was never brought up to the parents at the center and I bet never will. They pretty much care more about your money then the well being of your child.
abd abd

Re: South Loop Day Cares

Thanks so much to "RTCK" for the awesome spreadsheet! This is beyond helpful. Did you ever decide on a daycare for your child? I have been looking and have only had time to view 3 of them so far, and am not crazy about any of them as of yet. JTA doesn't take kids under the age of 2 outside EVER - which I think is crazy, but probably a result of them leaving a child behind (per some reports I've read).

To the person who feels compelled to post judgemental opinions about working mothers: some of us are busy (successfully) balancing careers with Motherhood and thus, we don't have time for your accusations or guilt trips.  I'm sure you could find a message board for other lonely old men somewhere and vent about it amongst your peers, where someone may care (but I doubt it).
BigTallTom BigTallTom

Re: South Loop Day Cares

Hello everyone. I remembered seeing this google doc years ago and thought it was an AMAZING idea. Now that I am actually a father, I am looking for childcare in the South Loop and would love to know if any of these figures have been updated lately, and I know a lot of new daycare providers are coming into the South Loop. Any parents have any information on these providers?
Not Much You Not Much You

Re: South Loop Day Cares

Hi Tom,

Are you looking for a Day Care service or would you be open to experienced nanny/tutor?

BigTallTom BigTallTom

Re: South Loop Day Cares

We are open to both childcare or a nanny.
Not Much You Not Much You

Re: South Loop Day Cares

Hi Tom I sent over a direct message...let me know if you don't get it.
newsgal newsgal

Re: South Loop Day Cares

Hi Tom,
We live in the South Loop and have a one and a half year old son. For the past year, we have shared a nanny with a friend of ours – cutting the costs in half while still giving the kids the one-on-one attention, comfort and interaction they need every day. We share the costs of food, transportation for the nanny and the weekly pay rate. My friend is leaving the share on November 21st and we are looking for a new family with whom we can share our nanny and would love to do it with a family nearby. My husband and I don't drive to work so we prefer the share by at our home. About our nanny: Noelia is from Costa Rica (she speaks Spanish to our son every day). She is young, energetic, protective, educated, hardworking and flexible. We adore her. She treats both boys as if they are her own. She has worked in the U.S. as a nanny for four years and has taken care of as many as three children (two of them being twins) at once. She has CPR and AID certifications that she renews every two years. She also completed an au pair training course in New Jersey. If you are interested in a share, feel free to respond. Thanks!