Spanglish

Tim N Tim N

Spanglish

I witnessed what appeared to be a delivery van for La Cocina parked in front of Spanglish this morning at Harrison and State.  There were 3 or 4 men bringing in several pieces of sheet rock through the front door.  I thought that this was interesting and primising since "Lek & Lei" never opened and the "Coming Soon" sign has been up for about a year now.
sloopy sloopy

Re: Spanglish

We're cautiously optimistic as well.  We've been hearing rumors about Spanglish for awhile now, so don't have high hopes.

Regardless, there is definitely something going on inside this space.  When it will open is anyones guess.
Roosevelt Roosevelt

Re: Spanglish

It would be great if Spanlish opened soon! My husband and I moved here last year in June and noticed a sign pop up in the window. I walk by there every day and continue to think how long it's going to be until we see something in there!! Hopefully the wait is worth it!!
solman solman

Re: Spanglish

I know the owner very well, and it will open eventually.  The owner of Spanglish also owns the La Cocina restaurants down town, so they have opened up restaurants before.   The reason it is taking so long is due to the kitchen build out taking longer than anticipated.  The renderings look very hip and modern with mexican accents.  They are putting lots of attention to all the details.