Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

VG VG

Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

Does anyone have the inside scope on whats happening with the playroom? Seem like this was going to be a great addition to the hood for parents, but the delays are reminding me of Alain's, Roosevelt Collection, Karmela.
KP KP

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

If you realized the amount of red tape that a small business must go through to open in Chicago you wouldn't be critical. Also, being a "historic" building there is even more red tape. It seems the city would rather have the buildings vacant and empty than allow a business to move in and upgrade the space in a timely manner. I wish them the best of luck. Think how frustrated the business owners must be
Silly Savage Silly Savage

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

Sounds like you have a business theory!
LG LG

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

I saw an article on the South Loop in Chicago Parents that talked about Sprout.  I was interested in learning more but the facebook page is down.
MBH MBH

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

They changed their name to Sod for some reason.  Facebook page is listed under Sod.
JENNIFER TALBOT JENNIFER TALBOT

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

Yes, I am the designer on the project and they have had numerous set backs with city permits, etc. Now just waiting for final occupany permit and will be open for business. The space is amazing!  Check out updates on my blog: www.cupofcoco.squarespace.com
SirMix-a-lot SirMix-a-lot

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

My personal opinion is that this concept will be very niche and that this place will be short-lived.  I hope I am wrong because someone is investing a lot of time in this endevour.
K K

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

I don't have kids, but I am amazed at busy these indoor kid playgrounds get.  It's too bad they're missing the coldest part of the year though.  I'm sure that extra income in the winter months would have been a nice start as I imagine it slows down as summer comes around.  I wish them the best of luck.  I love that they've invested the time in renovating a historic building.
Dan Dan

Re: Sprout Playrom- Now Sod Room- Still Not Open

I agree, it is unfortunate that they seem to be missing the prime indoor playspace months.  We would love to go there during these cold days.  During the summer we have such great parks around.