Swimming Pools

FarSouthLoop FarSouthLoop

Swimming Pools

Can anyone make a recommendation for a pool in the South Loop that is available to rent for private swim instruction?  Prefer indoor but will take outdoor suggestions too.
RVA RVA

Re: Swimming Pools

Call the new facility on 18th, just passed Clark.  It has a pool.
rememberthebreath rememberthebreath

Re: Swimming Pools

http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Ping-Tom-Memorial-Park/#.U10Vz1wlaw4

Here's a direct link to the Fieldhouse referred to below.  I have been there quite yet.

For private swim instruction, you may check out the Chicago Blue Dolphins.  They use the UIC pool for lessons.
http://www.chicagobluedolphins.com/private-lessons.html

You might consider contacting the UIC pool directly as well. Rental rates are on their website.
http://recreation.uic.edu/aquatics

veezworld veezworld

Re: Swimming Pools

I hesitated to post this option because it's a hidden gem (and I selfishly wanted to keep it to myself, LOL), but the NTA has a beautiful pool that seems to be underutilized. The facility is run by the Park District, and they never seem to ask people whether they've registered for lessons or classes.

The con is that the locker room is awful, so go for the pool, then dress and go home to shower.