Villains is closing

Reese Reese

Villains is closing

This sucks. Villains definitely filled a niche in our neighborhood.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Villains-Bar-and-Grill/108872125812948
cmc cmc

Re: Villains is closing

I drove by there yesterday and noticed that all of the windows are out of the side of the building.
MarkChicago MarkChicago

Re: Villains is closing

Damn, that's awful news.  Hopefully they find a better location, that building was shite.
joe joe

Re: Villains is closing

Caccitore either has it in for the neighborhood or has a buyer for that property and the parcel next to it that they chased Kobra fitness out of.
Jim in the Sloop Jim in the Sloop

Re: Villains is closing

The windows have been out of that building for months, if not years. There's a whole bunch of odd stuff going on over there and Cacciatore has a lot to answer for. Reading the blog carefully Villains says "Cacciatore made it impossible for us to stay." Very possibly something to do with trying to keep a business open in a building that had no windows above the second floor and that was completely open to the weather. Of course, it doesn't explain why Villain's didn't send someone out with a squeegie or broom for months to wash their windows or sweep the sidewalk. They were great in the past, and the neighborhood will miss them.

This entire set of buildings is a joke and a drain on that part of south Clark. This is the same set of buildings that I reported activity by an outfit called LACUNA, where much is going on, none with a permit as far as I can see. I don't know about Kobra being forced out or not, but there was also the Workforce outfit upstairs which has recently departed. All very, very odd.

Someone's paying off someone, big time.
Drea Drea

Re: Villains is closing

Does anyone know if they are relocating somewhere else? I loved their food - it's so unfortunate they had to close shop.