Visitor to Chicago - Looking for things to do during the day

cmc cmc

Visitor to Chicago - Looking for things to do during the day

A visitor is coming to Chicago during the month of August and I'm looking for some things for her to do during the day when she is by herself.  I think she is in her 50's, from France, English speaking, very social and with a wide variety of interests (cooking, crafts, fitness, dining, art and architecture, etc).

She has been here before and has seen most of the tourist things...she also wants to practice her English...does anyone have any suggestions?  Doesn't have to be South Loop.  Preferably low cost.  Her daughter (who she is coming to visit) has looked into volunteer opportunities so far, and I've suggested the meetup.com site, although most of the events happen in the evening.

Any help would really be appreciated!  I'm stumped!
rememberthebreath rememberthebreath

Re: Visitor to Chicago - Looking for things to do during the day

http://www.chicagocares.org/HOC__Volunteer_Opportunity_Calendar_Page. I've done activities with Chicago Cares and found them to be incredibly well organized. A great way to connect and meet people and learn about different neighborhoods and also give back.
cmc cmc

Re: Visitor to Chicago - Looking for things to do during the day

That looks great!  I will forward, thank you!