Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

Drew k Drew k

Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

Anyone have any good information/ideas about a wedding venue in the south loop area? 250-300 guests
mikedezz mikedezz

Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

The Union League Club on Jackson may not have rooms that large, and there may have to be a member involved….but the rooms I’ve been in for functions are beautiful.

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

I've been to a wedding at the Hilton Tower on Michigan and it was great.  Old school, classy Chicago venue.

Also know that the the Blackstone Hotel often has weddings.  I assume it's nice.

Slightly unconventional, but good options could include Glessner House, Chicago Illuminating Company, Adler, Shedd and Field Museums.
alat alat

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

I was looking at Room 1520 (19 E. 21 Street) for my wedding. I so wish I could have afforded it. The high cost mostly comes from catering - in which you must use caterers on their list. It may be in your budget though! It's a beautiful space.

http://www.chicagoilluminatingcompany.com/
GoBlue04 GoBlue04

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

Try Glessner House is the South Loop.
Some other ideas near by:
Bridgeport Art Center - 1200 W. 35th Street
National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame - 1431 W. Taylor
nogs nogs

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

I am getting married at the Hyatt McCormick place grand ballroom this new years eve... it's a super convenient location and they give great discounted room / parking rates.  The food there is top notch as well (we just had our tasting this past weekend) and were just blown away.  We are having 150 guests but the ballroom can accommodate up to 400 I believe.  You will pay a little more than what you may other places, but Stacy is the catering manager there and has made our lives so much easier. It
s like having a built in wedding planner. They take care of all the coordinating.  I'm partial to Hyatts as I travel for work and stay there, but this is one of my favorites. Let me know if you have any other questions.

My cousin was married at the Bridgeport Arts Center this past August and it's such a cool venue, but you have to have a planner as it is basically a blank canvas and you have to bring in everything.  Bar service was horrible through the company they contracted with.  Just saying.
DrJen DrJen

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

Glessner house was wonderful for our wedding last spring, but I'm not sure if they can handle that big of a group. They're really good to work with though.
dani_carl dani_carl

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

We used Art Revolution (600 W. Cermak) for our wedding 2 months ago and it was great.  It's a big loft space so there's a lot you can do with it, and they were flexible about what vendors we used.  It was also resonably priced compared to some of the other venues we considered.
Girandoles Girandoles

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

Not sure with renovations on Northerly Island but the old control tower or tent are beautiful spaces. Promontory Point, while it is in Hyde Park, is another great venue. I recommend checking with Park District for spaces too - bathhouses, conservatories and all relatively inexpensive. Blackstone venue is very elegant and a favorite.
petter45 petter45

Re: Wedding Venues in the Sloop?

I truly liked Wedding venues in Chicago; venue that we had booked was fantastic place for our wedding in last spring. So you can also book one of those venues for your wedding gathering.